ZAREX HD Studio handles all audio and HD video post-production and mastering for the Pro Organo label,
and has provided SACD 5.1 surround mixing and mastering services for Albany Records.
The studio performs additional work from independent producers, artists and labels, as time permits.
Please contact Frederick Hohman with your needs, per the contact information above.
This page is not regularly updated with current productions.
The listings below show some of the CD and SACD titles from recent years.
STUDIO MANAGER: FREDERICK HOHMAN
TO MAKE AN INQUIRY: firstname.lastname@example.orgSTUDIO PHONE (USATOLL FREE): 800-336-2224
© Copyright 2009 Zarex Corp. DSD, Direct Stream Digital,SACD and their logos are trademarks of Sony and Philips.
| AUDIO: NEW SACD AUDIO TITLES, |
ENGINEERED, EDITED, MIXED & MASTERED
IN MULTI-CHANNEL DSD
| AUDIO: ZAREX SURROUND UPMIX |
& SACD MASTERING
from vintage stereo masters
| AUDIO: NEW AUDIO TITLES, |
ENGINEERED IN MULTI-CHANNEL DSD
with RELEASE AS STANDARD CD
| Recent SACD Masters [ Hybrid Stereo / Multichannel ]: |
- PRO ORGANO CD 7199 - Sir Edward Meets Father Willis - Simon Nieminski - Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD
- PRO ORGANO CD 7201 - Julius Reubke: The Keyboard Works, John Owings, piano and H. Joseph Butler, organ - Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD
- PRO ORGANO CD 7203 - Musique Hˇro•que, Eric Plutz, Princeton University Organ - Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD
- Although SACD is a superior audiophile format, the growth of the user base and support for the SACD appears to have slowed in the USA market, and hence, mastering in this area is now less frequent. ZAREX HD is tooled up for Blu-Ray formats, and expects Blu-Ray audio and video formats to supplant SACD by 2012.
| Recent SACD [ Hybrid Stereo/ Multichannel ] re-masters: |
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 032-2 - George Lloyd, Symphonies 1 and 2, Albany Symphony Orchestra
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 060-2 - George Lloyd, Eleventh Symphony, Albany Symphony Orchestra
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 053 - Jerrˇ Tanner, Boy with Goldfish, London Symphony Orchestra (re-master of early Soundstream Digital Recording)
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 350 - Roy Harris, Symphonies 8 and 9, Albany Symphony Orchestra
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 833 - Don Gillis, Symphony No 7, Sinfonia Varsovia
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 888 - Don Gillis, Symphonies 1, 2, 5-1/2, Sinfonia Varsovia
- ALBANY RECORDS - TROY 933 - Don Gillis, Tulsa, Sinfonia Varsovia, Poland
| New Conventional "Red Book" Audio CD Masters: |
- PRO ORGANO CD 7165 - In Bach's Neighborhood, Delbert Disselhorst, organist, DOUBLE CD SET
- PRO ORGANO CD 7208 - Hear My Words, Ye People - Choir of St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral, Edinburgh, Scotland UK
- PRO ORGANO CD 7209 - Easter on Fifth Avenue - Choir of Saint Thomas Church, New York City, directed by John Scott
- More than 20 more new Pro Organo titles have appeared since 2007 - all engineered and post-produced by ZAREX HD in multi-channel Direct Stream Digital, with release as conventional CD and as MP3 downloads. Audio experts agree that the superior DSD difference IS audible, even in relatively lo-fi release release formats such as CD and MP3.
| LOCATION AUDIO RECORDING || AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION || STUDIO EXPANSION & OTHER POST WORK |
- ZAREX HD has produced recordings on location throughout the USA. For a sampling of recent titles, see the product lists at PROORGANO.COM
- ZAREX HD covered the first 3 of 6 celebrity organ recitals (October 2009) in multi-camera HDTV and stereo / surround DSD audio, in the Great Organ : Great Artists series at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City.
- Q4 2009 Recording activity takes ZAREX HD on location to New York City, Washington, D.C., Dallas / Fort Worth, and to international points.
- A variety of label and private productions - both audio and video - are post-produced throughout the year at ZAREX HD. Zarex HD prepares HDTV masters in the DVCPRO HD format. DVCPRO HD offers 8-channels of 48k / 16bit audio (6 channels for 5.1 surround and 2 channels for stereo).
- Expanded Genex multi-channel DSD audio capabilities.
- Addition of Dolby SR, restored Ampex ATR-102 and Studer A810 andOtari MTR-12 units allow transfer of vintage 15 / 30 ips analog masters direct to DSD digital for remastering and re-release.